Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Stepping Strong Marathon Team
Join the Brigham Stepping Strong Marathon Team and become part of an inspired community dedicated to transforming outcomes for civilian and military trauma patients in Boston and around the world. Funds raised by the team benefit The Gillian Reny Stepping Strong Center for Trauma Innovation at the Brigham. The center was established by the Reny family to honor the Brigham medical team that saved the life and limbs of their daughter, Gillian, who was critically injured in the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings.
- Training: Personalized training including weekly training runs in Boston
- Expert support: Team coach and a team physician to prepare you for race day
- Gear: Branded team apparel including a race day singlet, team jacket, and other swag
- Fundraising: Expert assistance from dedicated staff including tips, event ideas, and helpful hints to maximize your fundraising total
- Camaraderie: Team meetings, socials, events
- Inspiration: Speakers and surprises throughout the training season
- Race Weekend: Experiences you’ll never forget to carry you through the Boston Marathon Weekend including a team pep rally and post-race gathering at the Revere Hotel!
"I want to thank you for everything. The encouragement is awesome and the dedication is second to none. While running I realized that I am prouder being part of the Stepping Strong Team than finishing a marathon. It is the stories and the work you have been doing that inspired us." – Osama Alshaykh
“When I discovered the Stepping Strong team, I was sold. I thought to myself, ‘I need to do this’. I’ve seen firsthand how the funds raised help doctors and researchers develop better ways to help and heal patients. Being a part of the Stepping Strong team provided me the opportunity to give back in a different way.” – Kimberly Cardillo
“I love the Boston Marathon because of the energy, camaraderie, and kindness that surrounds every runner and circles the whole city and Stepping Strong is at the center of that positivity! I am so impressed by how much the center has grown and accomplished since 2014 and can’t wait to see it continue to grow and accomplish the unthinkable!” – Rachel Bliss
“We live a long way from Boston, so I was not aware of the broad support for Stepping Strong in the city. Wearing the Stepping Strong singlet seemed to transform me to royalty. The members of the team I met on race day were awesome. I definitely plan to support Stepping Strong runners in future Boston marathons.” —Win Porter
The support the Stepping Strong Team provides is above and beyond what I imagined. The experience of running with Stepping Strong was so incredible!” —Sameera Mathan
Qualified runners also encouraged to apply.